Organic Dog Food - Keeping Your Dog Well
"Man could learn much from his dog:
to be a true friend, to be faithful, and
to appreciate those who love him."
Greetings Fellow Dog Lovers
Welcome to the May 2009 Issue of The Dog Scoop Newsletter - The ezine your dog knows has his best interests at heart and wants you to read.
Tell a Friend
Enjoying this newsletter? Great! Forward it on to your other dog lover friends! They can sign up for it
Do you have a dog question or an answer to one that is posted on our interactive Q&A page. Help and be helped or Ask the Expert.
- 1. Travel with Dogs
- 2. Featured breed - Sheltie
- 3. Doggy Facts & Tips
- 4. Specials
- 7. Recipe
Organic Dog Food
There is much news regarding organic dog food. Pet store owners say the demand for healthier
pet food has been high over the past few years, but since the pet food recall, more people are asking for
organic or more natural products.
Organic food for your dog should be free of artificial colors, flavor
enhancers, chemical additives, toxic pesticides, sugars and preservatives that are found in a
generic bag of chow. A good organic dog food contains quality protein and grain sources
of exceptional nutritional value.
We all want a healthy, happy dog but what are the benefits of a raw food diet?
The same holds true for pets as it does for people, "you are what you eat." Our four legged friends
just have different requirements.
Dog are classified as omnivores, they can survive on a diet of either plant or animal origin
if it is balanced and diverse. But to thrive dogs should have a source of animal protein - MEAT -
in their diets so when buying raw dog food, mix it with meat, preferably organic or at least human
grade. So when you are preparing meat for your family, make a little extra for your dog and mix it
with a raw organic mix.
Consider some of the reported benefits of an organic diet for your best friend...
- reduction of skin ailments and allergies
- more energy and a healthy weight
- fewer digestive disorders
- better overall health and stronger immunity
- quality of Life and Longevity
Now get the top rated all natural dehydrated raw organic dog food. Start to create fresh,
all natural meals for your dog in minutes. True homemade gourmet dog food for your pet.
Guaranteed, no leftovers.
Or the Holistic products which have premixed free range meat or fish and wholesome grains...
FEED YOUR DOGS WELL.
Featured Breed - Beagles
A Beagle is a medium-sized dog breed and a member of the hound group. They are scent hounds used primarily for tracking
deer, bear, and other game.
They are a loyal breed and most often very well tempered. They love exercise and are friendly (love being around people),
have a good temperament, are loyal, playful and eager to please, determined with a definite mind of its own.
This hound has a tendency to roam if not obedience trained and do require a well fenced yard, a nice size dog run, and/or
obedience training if you live in a residence with neither a backyard or dog run.
Smart and adaptable, these dogs fit perfectly in most types of households and rank as one of the top choices for
Doggy Facts & Tips - Did You Know...
- The average dog lives 8 to 15 years.
- People have been keeping dogs as pets for the past 12,000 years.
- Dogs that are not around people before they reach the age of three months seldom turn out to be good pets.
- Dogs have twice as many muscles for moving their ears as people.
- Dogs love rituals and routines and are a basic part of canine behavior. Greeting, feeding, hunting and sleeping all
include social performances. The burying of bones is part of a dog's instinctive feeding ritual; shaking things viciously
is part of the hunting ritual.
- When walking your dog, put a few plastic bags in your pocket; they make great "scoopers". Slip one over your hand, pick up the pile, flip it inside out, tie and discard.
- Don't attempt to teach your dog anything else until he will sit and stay on command for at least one minute.
- When teaching a puppy to come, begin by getting down to his level so he will not be encouraged to jump up on you.
With Christmas and Hanukah just around the corner I wanted to let you know that we have a "Dog Lovers Gift" page up here...
Photo of the Month
Scruffy - Cain Terrier
Featured Dog Tail
Dolce and Mr. Lamb
I have a very cute 8 year old Chi named Dolce. He loves to take naps, but never alone. He has a collection of his "chihuahua toys" or stuffed animals that are never too far from him. Whenever he is going to take a nap somewhere...
Smart Pet Doorbell
I am always on the lookout for electronic products for dogs. The Smart Pet Doorbell caught my eye.
Here are some of the features:
- Mounts securely indoors.
- Senses your pet’s SmartKey inside or out and signals, letting you know your pet is at the door.
- 4 different, adjustable volume settings
- Adjustable sensing range from 3 in. to 15 ft.
- Works for up to 5 pets.
- Can be personalized with your pet’s favorite photo.
- Requires 3 C batteries, not included.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Simple to use, affordable and efficient. Convenient for both you and your pet...
From Our Dog Recipe Box
Dog Liver Treats
- 12-16 ozs. raw liver
- 1 1/2 lbs. white flour
- 8 ozs. Quaker Oats
- 3 bouillon cubes, (meat or chicken flavored)
- Approx. 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
Dog Food Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 3 baking sheets. Chop the liver finely, by hand or in food processor. Mix flour and oats,
crumble in the bouillon cubes, add eggs and the chopped liver. Add enough water to make a firm but slightly sticky dough.
Spread evenly on the sheets about 1/2" thick. Dip a small dog-biscuit cutter in flour before cutting out each portion.
Remove uncut parts. Spread out on another cookie sheet and repeat. Bake 1 hour. Store in airtight container in fridge for
HERE IS A FREEBIE FOR YOU - DOG POSTERS...
If you have a story to tell or a pic to share please use this
or if you have any comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear from you, use our
For your convenience, we have a helpful
on our website to help you find all the goodies for your furry friend.
Guaranteed To Remove All Pet Stains & Odors in 72 Hours Or Your Money Back Plus $25!
Upscale Dog Supplies
- ASK ABOUT THEIR 120% PRICE GUARANTEE!
- SHOP AND PAMPER YOUR DOG AT THIS CHIC UPSCALE PET BOUTIQUE.